I tweeted this status update yesterday and got such great response to it that I wanted to post the conversation that ensued here:
It’s sad that I use my blog reader maybe once a week now & Twitter everyday almost like a reader – how often do you use your reader?
Here’s just some of the awesome responses aka @replies I got:
What did I learn from this conversation?
- Ask more questions in tweets … people want to participate in the conversation.
- Sometimes the best stuff is unplanned … be more compulsive about asking questions … I was reading my RSS feed subscriptions on my iPhone when the question or thought came to mind.
- Engage in the conversation back … this is called, yes, being interactive. I tried to respond to all the people who took the time to answer my question. I loved that and hope the people I did realized I valued their answers.
- Conversations build community … I was just thrilled to be in conversations with people who felt it was as relevant as me.
- I learned a lot … about the question and how people use RSS.
Let others have the microphone.
Interact with them.
Learn and grow.
Have fun doing it!