It’s the final day of WordCamp Chicago and I’ve had a blast being here, doing a little sightseeing and just hanging with some online buddies I don’t see in person often (or ever) ….
So here are a couple of ways I’ve survived (and thrived) in this conference and am excited to come back ….
- Laptop – This is obvious I know, but 90% have a computer fired up; this obviously allows most other fun
- Internet – A great web connection is vital to making the laptop usable; if I went to conferences or traveled like this more often, I’d get a wireless broadband card as a backup
- Chat – It’s a blast chatting with people at the same table so you don’t get busted for talking while the speaker is
- Twitter – the real fun is chatting in public via Twitter – loved lobbing jabs at each other via Twitter; commenting on or requoting speakers; and using hashtag‘s to follow the whole conversation
- Great Friends – Without a doubt, it’s just nice knowing people, meeting ones you’ve talked to online but not met face-to-face, and hanging out together after, between, during, and online later when we all return home