If software is eating the world, and I believe it is, we — the businesses and startups focused on creating that software — need you more than ever.
We need good, solid, dependable, knowledge, collaborative developers to build the software that will eat the world … or simply make it a better place.
With this book, I want to help developers connect and adapt so that you can thrive in our startups and organizations so that together, we can build software that changes the world.
In a nutshell, here are the 10 essential keys to having a great career as a developer:
- Build Your Portfolio of Cool Projects That Work
- Get involved and contribute to an open source project.
- Remember, always & forever: It’s all about people.
- Good communication skills are almost as valuable and important as programming.
- Park your arrogance at the door.
- Get out from behind a computer screen and meet people.
- Make sure you power down regularly.
- Always, always, always be learning and exploring.
- Pass it on.
Get the Essential Career Advice for Developers ebook FREE by signing up for my email newsletter below: