The First-Things-First Disclosures: I fully believe in everything I’m saying here, or else I wouldn’t share it. My company, iThemes, is a partner of theirs (through our iThemes Sync Pro product). My wife, Lindsey Miller, is Liquid Web’s new partner manager, and I’m very good friends with Chris Lema, VP of Product, and A.J. Morris, Product Manager. Also, there is an affiliate link here.
Simply put: The state of WordPress hosting mostly sucks. Since 2008, when I started iThemes, WordPress hosting has gotten worse and worse, and only recently have I seen many of the companies I once recommended start to get better.
If you’re looking for quality WordPress hosting … meaning you care about your site, and use it to build your business or organization … I believe Liquid Web has one of the most compelling offers around for a number of reasons … here are mine:
- They’ve defined what hosting support should be — They don’t just offer 24/7/365 support … if you need help and ping their 800-number or live chat, you’ll actually be talking with someone who knows what they are doing, and aren’t trying to sell you something. The last time I check, 200 of their 250+ support team are Red Hat-certified. So Heroic Support isn’t just a tagline, it’s core to who they are. As I walked through one of their offices in Lansing, Michigan last year, you could just see and feel the commitment to a client-first, support-first culture. It’s part of their identity. I think few can actually claim they do “managed” support like Liquid Web can. Their NPS score, which puts them in a VERY rare category is a result I think of their focus on customer support.
- They own their hardware — This is significant and rare and means they can control the whole environment as they aren’t relying on someone else. I’ve seen it (well, through a window!). If they have an issue, they go fix it … themselves.
- A WordPress hosting platform that’s only getting better and faster — led by my friend Chris Lema, their WordPress hosting platform is killing it every week with new features that benefit you and your site. So whatever you buy now will only get better.
- iThemes Sync Pro comes with it — We’ve partnered with Liquid Web to offer every WordPress hosting customer of theirs our awesome site management tools.
- Just plain ole good people — Beyond my wife, Chris, A.J. and others, I’ve also met most of their Executive Team, in fact, some of them have been in our home in Oklahoma City.
- Don’t just take my word for it — You should also read what Shawn Hesketh of WP101 and WordPress developer and Lynda.com instructor Carrie Dills have said about Liquid Web’s offering. (They give much more compelling technical reasons that I didn’t share here!) See also: SEO Bootcamp’s Giveaway, Kim’s review, Tara’s review, and Joe’s review too. And I’m confident you’ll see more and more people recommending Liquid Web soon.