If you’ve followed my blog for any amount of time, you know for the last two years I’ve invested the bulk of my professional life in blogging, helping other people blog (through consulting and custom design), and most recently building quality WordPress themes for others.
So you could say, I’ve learned quite a bit about blogging. And I’ve been asked a number of times to help my friends get a blog started, and also taught blogging through various seminars (online and offline).
Here’s some of the things I’ve learned about blogging …
- Although I feel like it’s a tremendously popular way for people publish personal and professional websites, I think it’s still gaining momentum in the mainstream.
- One of the biggest customer support requests we get at iThemes is helping people simply install WordPress and set up their theme. There are a lot of non-techies who just want a simple way to start blogging.
- A lot of people don’t understand the value of blogging for their professional as well as personal lives. Launching my first blog built my personal brand and was the catalyst for starting my first business.
Thus, this experience has led us to launch our own blog hosting service called Happy Joe.
We’re starting Happy Joe with 4 Credos of Blogging that will define the experience we intend to offer our customers ….
- Blogging should be fun
- Blogging should be easy
- Blogging should be expressive
- Blogging should be rewarding
Stay tuned as we begin to roll out our services at Happy Joe!